1. Clarify question, design algorithm and data structure, pseudo-code, coding, test.
2. You don’t need master everything to solve problem in real life, a better way is to learn something new, apply it, correction, repeat. Just like change tire while the car is running on high way, or add oil to airplane when flying. (Communicate and cooperate with teammates, fit to culture, shape culture)
3. Break down big projects (goals) into multiple small ones, concentrate on what you are doing now. (Pomodoro Technique Illustrated: The Easy Way to Do More in Less Time)
4. (1) Choose what to do intentionally (2) manage sentiments/mood/feeling and mental energy (3) don’t be afraid of distraction (4) master tips for food, drink and workout (5) let environment work for you (Two Awesome Hours: Science-Based Strategies to Harness Your Best Time and Get Your Most Important Work Done)
5. Tree questions don’t always process by cases like leaf node, having left or right child node, it does depend on the specific requirement, like traversal.